Corn Pone and Black Bean Burritos
No recipes today. I tried to recreate a corn pudding dish my dad made a few weeks ago. I had several ears of corn from his garden that were too old to be boiled plain so I shucked them and sautéed the kernels with some diced onion in butter. Then I added a white sauce, sugar, and corn meal along with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Baked for 30 minutes at 350˚. I added too much cornmeal so it wasn’t as creamy as I wanted it to be. Good flavor anyway.
I also made black bean burritos. Red bell pepper, onion, garlic, and a jalapeño chopped and sautéed until they were all soft and brightly colored. Then, a can of black beans, coriander, cumin, and salt. I wrapped the filling in some chipotle chili and pepper tortillas with shredded Monterey Jack cheese. I fried the burritos in a little oil until crispy like my mom used to do with her pork burritos. It’s a good way to melt the cheese and create a texture to contrast the soft bean and cheese filling. Good reviews all around.
I also made black bean burritos. Red bell pepper, onion, garlic, and a jalapeño chopped and sautéed until they were all soft and brightly colored. Then, a can of black beans, coriander, cumin, and salt. I wrapped the filling in some chipotle chili and pepper tortillas with shredded Monterey Jack cheese. I fried the burritos in a little oil until crispy like my mom used to do with her pork burritos. It’s a good way to melt the cheese and create a texture to contrast the soft bean and cheese filling. Good reviews all around.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home