Monday, August 22, 2005

Sweet Red Pepper and Summer Squash Fajitas

Tonight I felt like make something fresh and quick using the produce I brought home on Saturday. I boiled the Illini Supersweet and served it slathered in butter and sprinkled with French Grey Sea Salt (The best corn I've had this summer!)

I also made fajitas. In a little olive oil I sauteed a sliced red bell pepper, half an onion, chopped garlic, and finely diced jalapeno. While that was cooking I made salsa from a bright orange heirloom tomato, red pepper, onion, garlic, jalapeno and cilantro. Once the veggies on the stove softened I added ground cumin and coriander, a little chili powder and salt. The pan was looking a little dry so I skimmed some of the liquid that leaked out of my salsa to juice up the veggies. Lastly, I added a sliced summer squash to the pan and covered it so the squash could steam. The veggies rolled up in a tortilla along with a dab of sour cream and sliced avocado made a very satisfying supper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home