I'm BaaaAAAaaack!!
Sorry, guys. I, um, forgot my password. And username. Lame excuse, I know. However, I was so motivated to share a delightful new snack that I managed to recover all that important info. What is this snack you ask? Well, grapefruit.
Yes, grapefruit. Specifically, Ruby Red Grapefruit. I'm not a grapefruit kind of girl. But I found a good recipe. While waiting for Mark for two hours at the optometrist, I picked up one of those old lady housekeeping magazine, at least a year out of date. Anyway, I flipped past the Home Decorating and How to Clean Better sections, and went straight to the Food section. Recipes in such magazines are so interesting to me. Supposedly simple recipes, for the everyday, but things I never make. Calling for such common ingredients as one small can of pimentos or sliced black olives, tins of mandarin orange segments, and such. But back to the grapefruit.
This is simple. Cut a grapefruit in half. Sprinkle liberally with sugar in the raw, or whatever you have. Place in a Pyrex dish under the broiler for about six or seven minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and eat with a spork. Yum. Kinda like grapefruit creme brulee.
I will try to post more often. I promise.
Yes, grapefruit. Specifically, Ruby Red Grapefruit. I'm not a grapefruit kind of girl. But I found a good recipe. While waiting for Mark for two hours at the optometrist, I picked up one of those old lady housekeeping magazine, at least a year out of date. Anyway, I flipped past the Home Decorating and How to Clean Better sections, and went straight to the Food section. Recipes in such magazines are so interesting to me. Supposedly simple recipes, for the everyday, but things I never make. Calling for such common ingredients as one small can of pimentos or sliced black olives, tins of mandarin orange segments, and such. But back to the grapefruit.
This is simple. Cut a grapefruit in half. Sprinkle liberally with sugar in the raw, or whatever you have. Place in a Pyrex dish under the broiler for about six or seven minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and eat with a spork. Yum. Kinda like grapefruit creme brulee.
I will try to post more often. I promise.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home