Sweet, sour, salty, bitter.
Tonight, not wanting to give up my seafood stint too soon, I marinated a few salmon fillets for dinner. Salmon is so versatile and easy to cook with, and healthy. My favorite marinade is:3 T. brown sugar
2 T. rice vinegar
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. Dijon mustard
Sweet, sour, salty, bitter.
Its great, no fail. The marinade is so thick it sticks to the meat and forms a nice, crusty caramelization over heat.
I served the salmon with a side of whole wheat couscous and a spinach/tomato/goat cheese salad. I need to work more veggies into my life.
Earlier this morning I made a black cherry-walnut quick bread from a recipe out of Eating Well. The recipe was for cranberry-walnut bread but the crappy grocery store didn't have cranberries. The substitution was fine anyway. Sarah tasted it and said it must have a cup of oil in it. It did turn out really moist somehow, though the only fat came from two tablespoons of canola and a tablespoon of butter.
So nice to be back to the kitchen again!

2 Comments:
This fish reminds me of my father.
G'day Amy
I seem to have found Sweet, sour, salty, bitter. while searching for things on home cooking. I can see why, although I'm not sure it's exactly what I'm looking for. Just thought I'd say hello :0)
Post a Comment
<< Home