Turtle Cookies
This isn't from my kitchen but is too exciting not to mention. Mark, my mom, my grandma and I went to Hedgerow Bistro tonight to sample the fare that will be served at our wedding in less than ten days. I have to say, I have no worries. The food, if nothing else, will be great. Ollie does such an excellent job. His plates are works of art. I'll have to make another post to detail the menu.
Right now I'm in the process of making Butterpecan Turtle Cookies. Susan, Mark's mom, gave me a few recipes that she used to make for him at my shower last week. A recipe for Turtle Cookies was among them. They seem like they'll be good. How can something made from butter, sugar, chocolate and nuts not be good?
Butterpecan Turtle Cookies (Susan's Recipe)
For Crust:
2 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. butter, softened
2/3 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. whole pecans
1 c. chocolate chips
Combine crust ingredients to form fine particles. Pack this mixture firmly into a 9x13x2 pan. Spread pecans over the crust.
Meanwhile, boil sugar and butter for one half to one full minute. (At this point I'll admit I was skeptical. I've never had a lot of luck with boiling butter. Usually it turns into an awful burnt-on mess. I followed the directions nevertheless and nothing bad happened. I ended up with a perfect caramel which I burned my tongue on when I tried to lick it off the spoon.) Pour over crust and pecans. Bake at 350 degrees, 18-22 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chips over the top. Swirl the chips to cover. Cut into small bars when chocolate has hardened, about three hours.
I don't think I can wait three hours!
Right now I'm in the process of making Butterpecan Turtle Cookies. Susan, Mark's mom, gave me a few recipes that she used to make for him at my shower last week. A recipe for Turtle Cookies was among them. They seem like they'll be good. How can something made from butter, sugar, chocolate and nuts not be good?Butterpecan Turtle Cookies (Susan's Recipe)
For Crust:
2 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. butter, softened
2/3 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. whole pecans
1 c. chocolate chips
Combine crust ingredients to form fine particles. Pack this mixture firmly into a 9x13x2 pan. Spread pecans over the crust.
Meanwhile, boil sugar and butter for one half to one full minute. (At this point I'll admit I was skeptical. I've never had a lot of luck with boiling butter. Usually it turns into an awful burnt-on mess. I followed the directions nevertheless and nothing bad happened. I ended up with a perfect caramel which I burned my tongue on when I tried to lick it off the spoon.) Pour over crust and pecans. Bake at 350 degrees, 18-22 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chips over the top. Swirl the chips to cover. Cut into small bars when chocolate has hardened, about three hours.
I don't think I can wait three hours!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home