Monday, September 19, 2005

A stranger in my own kitchen


I haven't cooked for weeks! With the planning and the wedding and the honeymoon passed I now feel like a stranger in my own kitchen. I actually opened my cupboards this morning and was surprised to realize that I had dried cherries and tortilla chips. It doesn't to take long to forget what's in there.

While I was away, not cooking, I did enjoy a lot of LOBSTER. Lobster boiled, lobster sauteed, lobster stuffed, lobster in quesadillas, lobster in soup, and of course lobster in rolls. I even found a lobster ice cream but passed it up in favor of a house made Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough. One thing I didn't see was fried lobster. Every other sea creature can be found served in a greasy, crispy coating except for lobster. I can't figure out why not. Sacrilege, perhaps?

Unfortunately, I will not be cooking tonight either. I have a date at my parents' house to open a room full of wedding gifts that will never fit into my apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home